Arrival & Dismissal Times and Procedures
New procedure starting March 21, 2022
At Novi Woods we expect students to arrive at 9:00 a.m., and we dismiss at 3:52 p.m.
Students either ride the bus, get dropped-off or picked-up by a parent or guardian, walk to and from school, or use before or after-school CARE. Please read the relevant information/expectations depending on your student's category.
Cars stay to the right
Buses go left
Use front parking lot only to visit school office
Pull as far forward as possible
Student name(s) in window
Teach student to unbuckle and be ready to go
- The bus loop is on the east side of the building (the school's main entrance).
- Students riding the bus will be dropped off in the bus loop and will allowed off the bus just before 9:00 a.m.
- Parents or guardians will receive School Messenger updates in the event of late busses.
- At dismissal students exit by bus letter and are led to the bus by staff and 4th grade student safeties.
- If you need additional information, please contact our Transportation Department at 248-449-1245.
The drop-off/ pick-up zone is the front, north side of the building. At Novi Woods we have a parking lot with PAWS, which stands for Pull Forward All The Way, Be Alert, Walk, Safety First. Staff members are present to help guide this process.
- Pull forward all the way: Stay single file and in the right lane. You may need to pull beyond the front door. Drop-off can occur anywhere there is a sidewalk which may be before or after the front door. Please be sure students exit and enter the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Be Alert: Be ready, and have the kids ready to exit the vehicle with their backpacks, etc... Please save texts and phone calls until after drop-off or pick-up!
- Walk: Kids need to walk beyond the yellow safety line. Please do not park and walk across the parking lot.
- Safety first: It takes teamwork to make the dream work! At arrival, students can enter the building at 8:50 a.m. At dismissal, students should sit on the green benches and wait for the staff member to send them to their family's car when it is safe.
The Novi Community School District policy states that if you reside within walking distance of the school your child attends, then your child is expected to walk. One mile or under is considered the "walk zone" for elementary schools. All walkers will enter and exit the front door of the school.
CARE is located in our building's Kiva room. Parents can access this before and after school at the back, west side of the building at door 11. CARE services are provided by our Community Education Department. Students can be dropped-off as early as 6:45 a.m. and must be picked-up by 6:00 p.m. For more information please call 248-675-3400.